I finally figured out how to add my DET email address using ios Mail app....this will also work on Mac Mail. So now my Mail on my Macbook Pro checks my DET email address as well as my iPad and iPhone. So much more convenient than having to log into my DET account 10 times a day!!
Here are the instructions:
1. Tap “Settings” in your home screen
2. Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
3. Tap “Add Account…”
4. Tap “Microsoft Exchange”
5. Enter in the following details”
Email: Your DET email address
Password: Your DET password
Description: This can be whatever you want…ie “Work Email” “School Email” “DET Email” – anything.
6. In the next sceen all you will need to enter in is your username and the server.
Your username is your DET ID BUT put @det at the end!!
7. Account details will be verified, if you have entered all details correctly each box will be given a quick tick then the next screen will load!!
8. Turn them all on.
9. There is your new email account.
10. Tap “Mail” from your home screen.
It will take 5 minutes to populate with all your emails etc. Just be patient.